?

Log in

Previous Entry | Next Entry

[Week 20, Day 4, Accidental Video|Intro]

[The feed starts with a fat raindrop landing on the screen, and it leaves tracks at it rolls to the side, leaving the scene a little blurry for a second. And then it’s clear, and the Tree can be seen, the big one in the Himorogi that all the residents of Kannagara should be quite familiar with by now.

Sleeping beneath it, there’s a rather strange figure. Long blond hair is splayed across grass, and the clothing the figure is wearing trails across the grass as well: what looks like a long coat but has ruffles not only at the sleeves, but at the bottom as well, revealing a white underskirt. Tall boots meet the odd garment, and when the sleeping figure shifts, the dress tangles between his legs.

Of course, all of these details might be taken away from a bit by the fact that there’s a giant floating creature above his head that looks like a toy mouse, complete with a key it the back and sewn-shut eyes.

For a second, this is all that’s seen, and then the man turns his head toward the Hitomi, revealing pretty features and a sort of lazy sleepy smile... and talks in his sleep.]

Brother? Brother...?

[If he had a pillow right now, he’d be hugging it. As it is, he curls on his side, wraps both arms around himself. He seems not to notice the dampness of his clothing, the grass he's sleeping on.]

Mm, there you are!

[A moment more of this rather ridiculous picture, and then a rain drop hits the man's face, and his eyes slowly start to crack open, as he wakes, revealing one red iris and one gold. Sleepy blinking is all that’s seen, and then a hand reaching out toward the screen. The picture jumps wildly as the Hitomi is handled, and incoherent muttering can be heard in the background before it clicks off.]

Comments

(Deleted comment)
(Deleted comment)
nightraysewerat
Mar. 16th, 2011 08:18 pm (UTC)
[Video]
[Well, he's properly awake now, at least, and waiting on the calvary to come save him, so he's got time on his hands. So when he gets another video, he puts on a smile, rakes wet hair back out of his mismatched eyes, and answers her.]

Hello? Oh, I'm awake now, but thank you.

[A pause, and then his smile is turning up another notch, as he realizes this might be his first chance to find out exactly what is going on.

You might notice, also, that the giant mouse above his head is gone now.]

I'm Vincent Nightray, by the way, and pleased to meet you, Miss...?

[Never mind that he's wet and sleepy and out of place, he's a gentleman after all~.]

(Deleted comment)
nightraysewerat
Mar. 16th, 2011 09:00 pm (UTC)
Re: [Video]
[Oh, so whatever this strange place is has a welcoming committee? That makes it nicer than the Abyss, at least. Granted, so far it looks much nicer too.

And comes with gadgets.]

Actually, I have no idea where I'm at yet, Miss Rin. My brother just told me to wait here for him.

[Let's turn the smile up a notch. There. Now.]

So it would be greatly appreciated if you filled me in a little while I'm waiting and soaking.

[A laugh, a flip of wet hair.]
(Deleted comment)
nightraysewerat
Mar. 16th, 2011 11:20 pm (UTC)
Re: [Video]
[Wow. That really is a lot to take in. Okay, so he's gotten the idea that it's another world, if it's not a dream, but another world with... gods? And a whole native population?

And while she says that they can be told apart by the birthmarks, that means the natives are at least human in appearance, right?

So... not chains?]

Hmm. Yes, that it quite a lot to take in at once.

[He mulls it over for a second, not seeming to mind the fact that the thing is still recording him while he's just sitting there with a thoughtful look.]

Then there are a lot of people here, from our world?

[Of course, he assumes that she is from the same world as himself, because that's the only world he knows exists.]
(Deleted comment)
nightraysewerat
Mar. 17th, 2011 03:22 am (UTC)
Re: [Video]
Oh.

{Wait, not from his world? So there are other worlds, other than this one. That makes it very complicated, figuring out just who is...]

That's strange, that people usually know each other. This is all so strange...

[He just wants to go back to sleep, really. But he knows he has to learn these things.]

And what sort of world are you from, Miss Rin?
(Deleted comment)
nightraysewerat
Mar. 17th, 2011 06:54 pm (UTC)
Re: [Video]
No, I don't think my world has the same countries as yours.

[Not that he's sure he wants to say what his world is like, entirely, yet. But that's beside the point.]

So this world then? What is this world like, besides...

[And he looks around a little, just a tad surrpised at the lush foliage. It's different from the city, obviously.]

Very green?
(Deleted comment)
nightraysewerat
Mar. 17th, 2011 10:45 pm (UTC)
Re: [Video]
Half an hour? Anywhere?

[Well, that's quite strange. That makes it a very small world, doesn't it?]

Are there carriages? Or are you saying on foot, you'll be half an hour anywhere? That's... that's... very small.

[He's not sure he likes that small a world. Makes it difficult to hide, if you need to.]

(Deleted comment)
nightraysewerat
Mar. 18th, 2011 04:49 pm (UTC)
Re: [Video]
[Space-warping? Or is it time that warps, that you believe you've gotten somewhere in half an hour?

Either way, have a terrified look, Rin.

He tries to cover it. His voice comes out almost calm, really.]

I-I see. Is there anything else I should know? I won't be going anywhere on my own, I'm waiting for my older brother. But I wouldn't mind more information before that.

[Please tell me something to make me believe I'm not THERE.]

(Deleted comment)
nightraysewerat
Mar. 18th, 2011 05:20 pm (UTC)
Re: [Video]
Are the natives... human?

[Of course, she had said that they were distinguishable by a mark, he knows this. But he has this suspicion that he can't seem to get rid of, and it's driving him... more insane than usual?

Yeah. Plus she mentioned monsters.

Vincent finds himself reaching for his gun, checking to be sure it's loaded.]

And I won't leave this area by myself; but that could be problematic if I fall asleep somewhere...

[And it's as if the dormouse hears him, wants to make this happen. Yawn.]
(Deleted comment)
nightraysewerat
Mar. 18th, 2011 05:38 pm (UTC)
Re: [Video]
Ah.

[Okay, so not Chains. Since most chains aren't humanoid, though there is Alice, of course.

Still... that's no guarantee. It's just not.]

Thank you so much for the information, Miss Rin! I do so appreciate your kindness.

[Have a rather flamboyant wave of the hand with the gun to go with that.]

Surely bullets would harm them, right?
(Deleted comment)
nightraysewerat
Mar. 18th, 2011 06:02 pm (UTC)
Re: [Video]
Well, of course!

[Ah, the lady looks uncomfortable. He can't have that. He needs allies in this place, after all.]

Only if it's necessary to protect myself or others, I promise you, Miss Rin. In fact, if my abilities aren't hindered, I'd merely put anyone who threatened me to sleep... that's what I do, after all.

[He chuckles, pushes back his blond hair a little, looking sheepish.]

That's why I fall asleep sometimes, though. I lose control of it.

[There, how much more harmless can you get?]
(Deleted comment)
nightraysewerat
Mar. 18th, 2011 11:38 pm (UTC)
Re: [Video]
[He nods, and he really doesn't know how much he wants to give away, so he keeps it simple, uncomplicated. Now that he's checked the gun properly, it disappears back into his clothing, tucked away carefully.]

It works well to get out of dangerous situations without anyone getting hurt.

[And that's his priority, he's implying.]

Is this world really that bad? Have you found it so?


(Deleted comment)
nightraysewerat
Mar. 19th, 2011 10:59 pm (UTC)
Re: [Video]
You sound as if you've had some difficulty yourself, Miss Rin.

[Well, that's something he'll have to think about, keep in mind. Or rather, a few things. One, no guns around this young lady, if possible, and remember that he told her he ends things without bloodshed when possible.

Two, find out how to make it less difficult. For Gil, of course. But for now, he can say...]

One I'm settled in, please do let me know if there's anything I can do to make things easier for you, lady.

[He doesn't know yet what her status is here, but if she takes it upon herself to greet newcomers, at least she's probably been here a while. So she might be useful.

Even if she is a woman. He can take whatever intelligence he can gain from her, and then leave the stupid cow alone. But she is rather cute, in an exotic way, too.]
(Deleted comment)
Re: [Video] - nightraysewerat - Mar. 20th, 2011 12:12 am (UTC) - Expand
(Deleted comment)
Re: [Video] - nightraysewerat - Mar. 20th, 2011 05:45 pm (UTC) - Expand
(Deleted comment)
Re: [Video] - nightraysewerat - Mar. 20th, 2011 11:10 pm (UTC) - Expand
(Deleted comment)

Profile

kannagara_net
Kannagara - The Way of the Gods

Latest Month

January 2012
S M T W T F S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    

Tags

Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by yoksel