?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

[dream || video] Week 1, Day 4

Hunger, always the hunger, and Anotsu lurking somewhere, maybe sleeping, maybe waking. Not that it makes much of a difference with him - if he's asleep, he'll rouse in an instant if there's something wrong around him, something that deserves his attention anyway --

And Rin cowers into herself, because she's sure that something is going to kill her on this journey, either the hunger or the man. Even if the latter if absurd, because if Anotsu couldn't be bothered until now, he's not going to.

Unless she does, first. Which she is going to do, really truly hand-in-fire going to do. That's the only certain thing about any of this. Or is it? When she's above him, knives in hand, he's oddly fragile, paper-like, as if he'd crumble any moment, and she's trembling, too. So she postpones killing him and chews up a wild potato for him, instead. Force-feeds it to him, too, hand to hand, mouth to mouth, with a disgusting aftertaste.

Right now, she really wants to be saved, taken away from here, but all she can do is grit her teeth and bear it, so that's what she does -- against the wilderness and the enemy, the nightmares and the grotesque thing her life has become. Ever since that man came into her life. Walked into it, turned it upside down, left it in shambles, and walked out again, all in an hour's time. He's nothing if not efficient. She hates that about him. Manji's a killer, but his killings are messy, and that sort of makes them seem more human. Not just a swift routine. Rin knows she's fooling herself, but you gotta give yourself a little leeway if killing people is your life's goal.

She walks away from Anotsu, and far away, at the lake, she sees a familiar silhouette, Manji oh god Manji, and runs up there, but she can't get closer. She wants to speak, but no words come out; she's silenced. By some greater power that's looming over her, sinister with the finality of death, threatening to make her life spiral out of her grasp. He's not looking at her, and walking away, vanishing into the fog that obscures the view behind him. Rin walks into it, but she can't find him, and then everything looks same-same, no lake, no nothing, just dead winter grass on a snowless day, visible but ten steps around her. She stops and catches her breath, looking around -- and then there's a bone-chilling crack; it resounds within her and around her. The fog becomes dark, dark enough to make it seem like she's floating nowhere, the only ground existing being that which she is standing on.

Manji's head rolls, severed, to her feet.


[ Rin wakes up shivering and breathing hard. She rubs her hands on her face and they come up sweaty. A few broken sobs escape her lips as she stares blankly at the ceiling. ]

Comments

( 60 comments — Leave a comment )
idkmybffchappy
Feb. 10th, 2010 01:02 pm (UTC)
[Audio]
[This is the first dream Rukia's for to experience since she's been in Kannagara. She hadn't even been in the place for an entire day. But while she spent her night not sleeping (she slept during the day), she had come to experience this. It had only come to her because she was fumbling with the Hitomi, trying to figure out more of its functions, but utterly failing.

Rukia's body is in utter shock. She knows what it's like to reach, call out for someone who's there in front of you and then gone the next minute. She can relate so well. But since Rukia doesn't know this is a dream and believes it's very much reality, she yells out the other girl's name to see at least if she-- No one could be really all right after something like that, right?]
revengeisalie
Feb. 10th, 2010 01:08 pm (UTC)
[Audio]
[The scream reaches Rin, and she rouses abruptly. Her breathing comes hard, ragged -- interrupted by a few muffled sobs. There's a long moment of silence as Rin gathers her wits again and, finally, takes notice of the Hitomi that is switched on.]

Ah... hello?
idkmybffchappy
Feb. 10th, 2010 01:29 pm (UTC)
[Audio]
[The long silence worries Rukia. She almost calls out Rin's name again, but the girl answers before Rukia can do so]

...
I know it's the wrong question to ask, but are you all right?
revengeisalie
Feb. 10th, 2010 02:07 pm (UTC)
[Audio]
[More heavy breathing, and then a deep one.]

I -- I will. Yes. I'm all right.

(OOC: Okay, I just had to retcon the waking up into the post, so... that part of the previous comment is hereby retconned! xD;)
idkmybffchappy
Feb. 10th, 2010 02:09 pm (UTC)
[Audio]
Rin... [The girl's name is softly said. It's laced with concern.]



{Sounds good to me!}
revengeisalie
Feb. 10th, 2010 02:19 pm (UTC)
[Audio]
Uhm... Rukia-san, was it? [A gasp, then her breathing steadies.]

Don't worry about me. It... it was just a dream, that's all.
idkmybffchappy
Feb. 10th, 2010 02:19 pm (UTC)
[Audio]
Just Rukia, remember?

A dream?
[Audio] - revengeisalie - Feb. 10th, 2010 02:21 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - idkmybffchappy - Feb. 10th, 2010 02:27 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - revengeisalie - Feb. 10th, 2010 02:29 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - idkmybffchappy - Feb. 10th, 2010 02:35 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - revengeisalie - Feb. 10th, 2010 02:37 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - idkmybffchappy - Feb. 10th, 2010 02:38 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - revengeisalie - Feb. 10th, 2010 02:40 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - idkmybffchappy - Feb. 10th, 2010 02:42 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - revengeisalie - Feb. 10th, 2010 02:43 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - idkmybffchappy - Feb. 10th, 2010 02:44 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - revengeisalie - Feb. 10th, 2010 02:46 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - idkmybffchappy - Feb. 10th, 2010 02:51 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - revengeisalie - Feb. 10th, 2010 03:20 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - idkmybffchappy - Feb. 10th, 2010 03:22 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - revengeisalie - Feb. 10th, 2010 03:26 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - idkmybffchappy - Feb. 10th, 2010 03:27 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - revengeisalie - Feb. 10th, 2010 03:41 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - idkmybffchappy - Feb. 10th, 2010 03:41 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - revengeisalie - Feb. 10th, 2010 03:46 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - idkmybffchappy - Feb. 10th, 2010 03:56 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - revengeisalie - Feb. 10th, 2010 04:01 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - idkmybffchappy - Feb. 10th, 2010 04:04 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - revengeisalie - Feb. 10th, 2010 04:10 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - idkmybffchappy - Feb. 10th, 2010 04:12 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - revengeisalie - Feb. 10th, 2010 04:14 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - idkmybffchappy - Feb. 10th, 2010 04:17 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - revengeisalie - Feb. 10th, 2010 04:20 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - idkmybffchappy - Feb. 10th, 2010 04:22 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - revengeisalie - Feb. 10th, 2010 04:26 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - idkmybffchappy - Feb. 10th, 2010 04:28 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - revengeisalie - Feb. 10th, 2010 04:31 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - idkmybffchappy - Feb. 10th, 2010 04:33 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - revengeisalie - Feb. 10th, 2010 04:35 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - idkmybffchappy - Feb. 10th, 2010 04:38 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - revengeisalie - Feb. 10th, 2010 04:42 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - idkmybffchappy - Feb. 10th, 2010 04:47 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - revengeisalie - Feb. 10th, 2010 04:51 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - idkmybffchappy - Feb. 10th, 2010 05:01 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - revengeisalie - Feb. 10th, 2010 05:03 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - idkmybffchappy - Feb. 10th, 2010 05:06 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - revengeisalie - Feb. 10th, 2010 05:08 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - idkmybffchappy - Feb. 10th, 2010 05:11 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - revengeisalie - Feb. 10th, 2010 05:16 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - idkmybffchappy - Feb. 10th, 2010 05:17 pm (UTC) - Expand
[Audio] - revengeisalie - Feb. 10th, 2010 05:20 pm (UTC) - Expand
pisces_truth
Feb. 10th, 2010 09:52 pm (UTC)
[ voice ]
[This dream...

In ways, it's worse than the one of Lelouch's that he viewed a few days ago. This is not pure and raw destruction like his.

And the portion at the end, where she is trying to reach her friend--Manji, was it?--but cannot get any closer is eerily reminiscent of the one he himself had of Shunsui. The severed head at the end--even after the dream ends, some sick trick of the mind drives the image to be replaced by Kaien's face, mixing his own memories of his lieutenant's death with what seem to be her fears of it for her friend.

His body seems to take note of his mental distress and mirrors it, and he's on the ground, coughing for several moments. He's careful to wipe away the blood at the corner of his mouth when he answers, even though the response is in audio.]

Will you...[his voice is a weak rasp, at first, but he clears his throat and tries again] be all right, miss...?

Edited at 2010-02-10 09:52 pm (UTC)
revengeisalie
Feb. 11th, 2010 08:43 am (UTC)
[ voice ]
[There's a voice coming through the haze that sets Rin's thoughts back into motion. That dream -- Manji -- wasn't going to happen, right? Thoughts coming too fast and too slow at the same time. No one's said anything about premonitions, she muses, wondering just what this place is doing to her mind, or if maybe her mind is doing it all itself, hyperreacting, driven crazy by the mere fact of being here --]

No.

[Rin closes her eyes, swallows hard. And thinks that even if she feels like it now, she refuses to be driven mad by this place, by all the change. All alone now, with no one to count on but herself. That's a challenge right there, could almost be a heady feeling, if the dream's fog had quite cleared around her consciousness. Maybe later.

She shifts her eyes to look at the still-too-strange device lying next to her -- her bed, not a futon, strange architecture, more alienation. In one swing, she rolls over and grabs the Hitomi.]

Hah, yes... I'll be okay.

[A pause, and she thinks of something else to say.] Uhm, who is this?
leadshot
Feb. 12th, 2010 12:23 am (UTC)
[Video]
[This is the first dream Balthier has seen, has felt. He doesn't know what to make of it, feeling as an intruder- an alien in a world that does not belong to him. For the moment, he supposes that he should wait to make judgement of these dreams and to anticipate his own dream post Katsuya had warned him about. (For that moment, he thought Katsuya was lying. Surely dreams were protected. What kind of technology was this and why couldn't the rest of this world be more advanced?) He hesitates before saying something. After all, this is the girl he had talked to earlier in the day. It would be best not to burn what little bridges he had.

But he is somewhat concerned. How did it come to be that she ended up in this world? Had she died? Is this the afterlife? There were too many questions boggling his brain, wracking it with circles.]

Are you alright?

[It is his duty as the leading man to assure young women of their feet.]
revengeisalie
Feb. 12th, 2010 09:04 am (UTC)
[Video]
[Rin is lying on her side now, still staring, still thinking. If what the dream showed her should truly happen, what would she do? Would she even continue her vendetta? It wasn't a pleasant train of thought, but though Rin would have liked to move on to the more cheerful sort, something within her forced her to follow it to its end.

Because she had to accept that events might unfold that way, and in that case, it would be better to be at least a little prepared.

Her vendetta. She thought back to the part of the dream that was dedicated to Anotsu. It made her scrunch up her face and half-hide her head beneath the pillow. Disgusting! Strange how it seemed to emphasize closeness beyond anything else... well, that trip had been a nightmare. Maybe it simply suggested that she didn't want to kill the man anymore?

Then Dōa's fight with the cops flashed before her mind's eye before she heard Balthier's voice. On that cue, she picked up the Hitomi and looked the video feed that showed his face.]

Yeah, don't worry. Dreams haven't killed anyone yet!

[But she gulps a little as she thinks that, for all she knows, that might be different here.]
leadshot
Feb. 12th, 2010 10:22 pm (UTC)
[Video]
Yet?

[He flares with suspicion, eying the girl's soft face and contrasting it to the memory of her dream. Of course, so much experience could be contained in a few years- just look at himself- but for so much death... It was a nasty business. It was a primitive world.

But he edges on.]

From the look of it, they just might begin too...
revengeisalie
Feb. 13th, 2010 10:38 am (UTC)
[Video]
[Ah, so he picked up on that, and is apparently thinking along the same line as she is. Actually, it can't hurt to talk about these things with other prisoners of this world - might be better, in fact. Team work and all. In a situation like this, allies were important.

That's what Rin thinks about when she replies with a shocked expression.]

I certainly hope they will not! But well, you can never know. Apparently.
catrepellant
Feb. 12th, 2010 03:24 am (UTC)
[Audio]
I'm sorry this is a part of your memories.
revengeisalie
Feb. 12th, 2010 09:08 am (UTC)
[Audio]
[What, another voice? Rin picks up the Hitomi again. Ah, the young man who brought her food the other day - Suou. It was really quite touching, that so many people were concerned for her after barely four days had passed.

Situations like this probably brough people closer.]

Thank you. But no worries! That dream made things look worse than they actually were.
( 60 comments — Leave a comment )

Profile

kannagara_net
Kannagara - The Way of the Gods

Latest Month

January 2012
S M T W T F S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    

Tags

Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by yoksel